[TYPO3-UG US] Solution for mailinglist archive

Sat Mar 25 09:35:34 CET 2006

Dimitri Tarassenko schrieb:
> anyway (I don't think our European friends will ever give up;), we can

Never. :-) Why  should anybody give up a newsserver. Since aeons the
most flexible solution of all. (And will allwas be)

* You can read the whole history of the knowlage base online and
offline in your preferred mail/news client.

* You can use the searchtool of your mail/news client.

* It is optimized for speed, because it only sends content and no design.

* It's fully scalable by adding mirrors.

* It's a secure investigation. A proofed standard for many years.

* It supports real threads.

* Clients exist for any OS any taste.

* Accessible by web forum interfaces: travelling, extended search
features, distributed integration in personal websites (missing as
TYPO3 extension), accessible for dummies.

* Accessible with email lists. (If people like to get the same service
a little more complicated and without the important feature to fetch
the whole history.)

* If news servers would not exist for many  years they would be surely
invented today as the newest hype and celebrated as web 3.0.

Regards

Elmar