[TYPO3-UG US] IT Manager's Journal | Dana Farber turns toTYPO3 and Enomaly for cancer-research site

Floyd Arguello floyd at icommnetwork.com
Sun Mar 12 10:07:04 CET 2006

Alex Heizer wrote:
> Who? I would say anyone interested in the truth benefits. I personally
> would not want to be a part of a community and help further a product
> whose popularity is founded on misinformation, and I question the
> motives of anyone who is critical of someone telling the truth.

Most people aren't interested in the truth... they're interested in
results. I never sell TYPO3, because your average customer has no clue
what it is... they only care what it can do for them.

Alex, your comments appeared self righteous to me; I feel like you could
have been more tactful. Regardless of your motives, you make it appear
as if the US TYPO3 community is fragmented, and several things you
reinforce that:

1. Referring to Enomaly as "The Canadian company"
2. Your comment about the TYPO3 book not being official - the article
never said who they contracted with to write the book; only that they
were contracted.
3. Stating that the article "misrepresented" a company, and referring to
certain aspects of the article as "misinformation." Both are strong
words, and imply that the author deliberately mislead readers.
4. Appending "USA" to your signature - further fragments a global community.

What's done is done, and can't be undone - but it would have been far
more effective for you to contact Enomaly and ask them to clarify the
article.

Floyd