[TYPO3-UG US] IT Manager's Journal | Dana Farber turns toTYPO3 and Enomaly for cancer-research site

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Sun Mar 12 08:27:28 CET 2006

Dimitri Tarassenko wrote:

>You know Alex, if I had some reservations before about mentioning
>TYPO3 in our press releases/case studies, you've cleared it all up.
>Not only it does not make any business sence (except trying to give
>back to TYPO3), it now bears a risk of having someone like you turn
>all work needed to get this press release out into something that is
>more of a liability than an asset.

I'm sorry you feel that the truth is more of a liability than an asset.
Since when does exposing and correcting misinformation become a
liability? That makes even less business sense.

>Leaving emotions and "truth" aside, the press-release was good for
>TYPO3, TYPO3 adoption in US, and it was good for Enomaly. If you ever
>had an experience of trying to deliver some information through
>"creative" filters of media copywriters, you know how it turns out -
>this article is nothing special.

I agree. This is why I addressed my comment to the author of the
article, and why those who have the correct information need to offer it
whenever possible.

>Now, who benefited from your comment (except you and "the truth")?

Who? I would say anyone interested in the truth benefits. I personally
would not want to be a part of a community and help further a product
whose popularity is founded on misinformation, and I question the
motives of anyone who is critical of someone telling the truth.

Alex