[TYPO3-UG US] any recommendations for a dedicated hosting provider?

Michael Cannon michael at cannonbose.com
Fri Jan 13 20:01:46 CET 2006

I have several dedicated boxes at ThePlanet. Been with them since
doing the hosting company shuffle a few years back. I pay a little
more for these boxes plus a little extra to have DiskSync and
TouchSupport provide dedicated support and monitoring above
ThePlanet's own. Depending upon needs the servers cost between $ 400
and $ 600 a month and are quite solid.

During server setup, I have TouchSupport perform the following tasks
at http://rfxnetworks.com/linux_appsec_secbundle.php and http://
www.rvskin.com/index.php?page=public/antispam. Afterwards, there's
not much left to use the boxes.

I also use WHM/cpanel for server and account operations.

In the end though, I'm of the same frame of mind as Greg, pay more
for reliability and security. One bad day of hosting is all you need
to ruin your reputation for a couple of years. Sadly, I learned the
hard way when a disk array crashed taking my live and backup hard
drives with them.

Michael

-----
Michael Cannon
President of Cannonbose, LLC
Tel    : +1 (206) 351-0159         Fax : +1 (802) 609-2776