[TYPO3-UG US] Greetings from California

Gregory Remingtin typo3 at mediatech.net
Thu Sep 15 10:22:24 CEST 2005

Eric Lindemann wrote:
> No. There is no admin login page. I saw the admin login  before I "solved"
> the database problem. The database problem was solved by manually creating a
> MySql database and then editing localconf.php file to define $typo_db =
> 'mydatabasename'.  Now there is no admin page just the warnings and error
> message I showed before.

Eric,

My recommendation is to get a new host or better yet a VPS! It's really
not worth the trouble learning TYPO3 on anything less then a VPS. TYPO3
is a very powerful and complex application and is way easier to manage
with full "root" access... believe me I learned the hard way. Managing a
server is not that scary once you get your feet wet and Google makes it
very easy ;)

If you have a high traffic site you're going to save a lot of time and
"money" by paying a little more for full control over your TYPO3
installation... not to mention iron clad security! Find someone to split
the cost and you'll pay a fraction of what your paying now per megabyte.

To pick a good VPS go to http://webhostingtalk.com

I use http://servint.com because they are one of a few companies that
didn't have a horror story behind them at http://webhostingtalk.com.
There are cheaper VPS solutions then ServInt. Choose carefully.

Greg