[TYPO3-UG US] Quickstart Questions

virgil huston virgil.huston at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 17:55:33 CET 2005

In working with the Quickstart package, I have some questions that may
affect development of the new Quickstart package, as well as the
manual. Remember, I am pretty much a newbie, so these questions may be
stupid, but any other newbie is going to have similiar issues, I
think.

1. When you unzip the package, it goes into a newly created Quickstart
folder. No where does the documentation tell you this and my early
problems with installs revolved around my inability to get to the
istall script because I dodn't know I had to add the new folder path.
The question here is, is it necessary to have the contents extracted
this way? Why can't it just extract without the folder?

2. I ended up unzipping the package and then moving everything where I
wanted it. Is this OK or will it cause problems later? It installed
fine after the move.

Thanks,
Virgil