[TYPO3-UG US] Architecture for TYPO3.us

Michelle Heizer michelle at typo3.us
Mon Oct 24 14:01:16 CEST 2005

Hi everyone,

We've reorganized the architecture a bit more and made a visual layout
of it that you can find here:
http://test.typo3.us/fileadmin/typo3us/template/architecture/TYPO3_US.gif

Note: If you are on Firefox, you will need to zoom in because the image
is very large. Printing it out might also help. :)

Text outline:
http://test.typo3.us/fileadmin/typo3us/template/architecture/TYPO3_US.doc

The items in blue are ones that I feel we need to target before the site
goes live. The ones in green are either potential case studies that
we've identified or items we already have. I'm working on a rough
timeline based on this.

A significant change is the Support section. I've made categories for
"content editors", "developers" and "community". I feel that we need to
separate out the content, forums, etc. into groups so that people won't
get confused with too much information with not enough subcategories.
Every member can post to any of the forums and we will have one
registration and login on the main support page.

Content editors will have access to a separate forum and tutorials. I
didn't want them to have to weed through any technical stuff to get to
their end-user manuals.

Developers will have a separate forum. Their section will feature the
Learning TYPO3 package.

Community will be a section dedicated to projects and teams. They will
have their own forum. The forum will be divided into categories for each
section of the website, with conferences underneath for specific
projects. Notice at the end of the architecture I've laid out a bit of
the "Learning TYPO3" overview. This project will be coordinated by
Dimitri and the DocTeam.

Alex is finishing up a quick setup of the forum so you can begin
collaborating. Details will come later today (hopefully). Sorry to take
so long with this.

Also, it appears that the DocTeam will now be coordinating the TYPO3
wiki at http://wiki.typo3.org/ . We wish them well with the new project!

As far as the content (other than the support section) for the T3.us
site, we still need volunteers for the writing. If anyone would like to
take a page from the list, please email me and let me know which one.
Jennifer Lynch has already agreed to work on case studies and we've
identified 13 colleges and universities (12 in the US, 1 in Canada) that
are using TYPO3. She will be contacting them this week. Greg Remington,
Jason Reynolds and Drew Shewmaker have agreed to work on the Solutions
section.

As a side note, we've received 30 results from the survey so far. I'm
leaving it open until Wednesday and will post the results after that.

That's my update this morning. Thanks to all the volunteers for the work
and input so far.

Regards,

Michelle