[TYPO3-UG US] Documentation team update

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Sun Oct 23 17:43:10 CEST 2005

Alex,

On 10/23/05, Alex Heizer <alex at tekdevelopment.com> wrote:

> A couple of people mentioned beginner's manuals, there is a project in
> the works that will include a new pseudo-business to use as an example
> site, and there will be lots of new "QuickStart"-type manuals, Flash
> tutorials and other goodies. So keep tuned to this station!
>
> Moving right along, if anyone has any suggestions to add to the list,
> don't forget to send them on!

How about we start building the beginners manuals as the new
QuickStart is built? This way we can start from the very beginning,
i.e. Planning, Graphical Design, Graphics to HTML (with specific Typo3
requirements for HTML templates), Core and Dummy Installation, HTML
template ->Typo3 template and so on.

If we create the Table of Contents now, then whoever is going to do a
particular stage of the QuickStart can also write the chapter on how
they did it. We probably should do it in Wiki first (so anyone could
contribute) and then convert to OO/PDF.

I could write one on the installation/configuration process, for example.

What do you think?

--
Dimitri Tarassenko