[TYPO3-UG US] TYPO3 2 minutes Super Bowl Ad

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3quebec.org
Sun Oct 23 05:54:15 CEST 2005

Here’s a draft of an idea I had. Some kind of a 2 minutes ad, à la
corporate… As if TYPO3 was a commercial application with a million to
spend in marketing. I’m pretty sure that talented people here are able
to bring it (or something similar!) to life.

English is not my first language so bear with me!

Comments in ( ) are visuals clues, ideas. Try to put yourself in the
mood by thinking about the voice in those Apple ads from the 90's.

Here goes my  " TYPO3 2 minutes Super Bowl Ad "

=== BEGIN ===

(Questions marks, People in suits wondering, eyes in the sky,
professional voice-over)

You need a powerful system to drive your website?
You need flexibility in your design and navigation?
You want people in charge of the information to put their own texts on-line?
You need it free of charge?

(TYPO3 logo)
Introducing TYPO3 version 4, the most powerful and flexible CMS you’ll
ever use.

(Close-up on TYPO3 interface using the infamous skin_grey interface
see: http://bugs.typo3.org/file_download.php?file_id=593&type=bug )
(Each action should be dynamically showed but at the same time not too
MTV-looking)

With TYPO3 you can easily copy content from your word processor
Modify it to your need (put bold, apply style)
TYPO3 give you complete control of your content
You can hide content; show it at a predetermined time or to people that
should have legitimate access to it.
Those reflexes you have about copy and paste are possible for a block of
text and it’s also available for whole pages.
You erased something you shouldn’t have? Use the history feature to
easily get back in time.

You need a workflow, TYPO3 has it.
You need a powerful news system with syndication, TYPO3 has one
You need Digital Asset management, TYPO3 got it.
You need to know who, when and what? TYPO3 has a handful of tools for
login and reporting.

You need a feature no one ever needed before; TYPO3 gives you a full
framework, fully documented so you can code your own extensions.

A CMS must also support the creativity of your designers. It’s why with
TYPO3 you can just let them go wild (show 10 homepages in 2 seconds).
TYPO3 will never be the tool to limit your web design. Even better, you
will be able to use TYPO3 to enforce the visual quality of your website
(Fade in/out of those words: HTML, XHTML, CSS).

You think TYPO3 is for you? You’re not alone.
Thousands of websites are powered by TYPO3 all over the world.
Hundred of consultancies in more than 50 countries are using TYPO3 right
now.
Do they know something you don’t?

We told you, TYPO3 is all about flexibility, power and creativity.
TYPO3, Get – Content – Right. (TYPO3 logo)

How about that?

Feel free to comment.

Patrick