[TYPO3-UG US] US Marketing Plan

Jennifer Lynch jennifer at tekdevelopment.com
Sat Oct 22 17:46:08 CEST 2005

Greetings, everyone!

I've been working with Michelle and Alex since our time together at the
University of Missouri-Rolla four years ago and have subscribed to the list
at Michelle's encouragement.  I've been reticent about joining since I'm not
a techie by any stretch of the imagination--my skills lie in project
management, content editing and work flow management, web architecture,
interfacing with the public, and training.  I gained a thorough respect for
the open source community after attending and participating in a panel
discussion and doing a presentation on our experiences with using TYPO3 at
the OSCOM conference at Harvard about three years ago.  My background
includes teaching writing and literature for eons, working as a freelance
editor and writer, and for the past year and a half, working as a
consultant, marketing TEK's services and products, and helping customers
understand and utilize TYPO3's incredible CMS.  I put in three years in an
Ed. Tech and Information Systems doctoral program before deciding there was
more fun to be had in the real world, so I've got additional background in
researching ed tech issues, Web project management, facilitating online list
servs and online conferences, instructional systems design, and designing
and evaluating educational software programs.

I would like to volunteer my services in any capacity that is useful to the
association.  It looks like editing is one of the biggest needs that I can
contribute to, but Michelle and I have also been talking about getting more
case studies written to allow potential customers to more easily assess the
capabilities of TYPO3 through concrete examples.  (American's are a most
literal lot and are best appealed to on that level).  Michelle's come up
with a structured questionnaire that can be sent to those wanting to have a
case study written but don't have the time to do the whole thing themselves.
I can take your answers to the questionnaire and write or edit your
delectation of potential customers/users.

Jeff, your webchurch site seems like an excellent candidate for a case study
of a non-profit organization's application--I'd be happy to start with that
one if you're up for it.

We're currently planning to contact universities and colleges who are
already using TYPO3 to see if they have any studies of their own or if
they'll work with me to write a case-study, so we can get the academic
market covered.  Choosing case studies that mirror our markets makes a lot
of sense, so please feel free to contact me if you'd like to contribute a
study or enlist me in writing your projects up, so if anyone else is game,
email me at jennifer at tekdevelopment.com

Looking forward to working with you all--

Jennifer