[TYPO3-UG US] Case Study: Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center

Michelle Heizer michelle at typo3.us
Thu Oct 20 23:39:17 CEST 2005

Hi Reuven,

First, congrats on the nomination! Keep us posted.

Second, thank you for sending us this case study. This project will make
a great addition to the site.

After reading through it, I'm looking to see how we can trim it down and
fit it into the case study framework for the new site. My first reaction
is that it's going to be too long and it's a bit heavy on the conceptual
side of the project. It needs to contain more information on what the
benefits were in using TYPO3 for this project. I'd probably stick to
talking about the custom modules and just do a bit of text about the
fact that TYPO3 is easy to update. In the "Unique and Innovative
Features" section, you mention indexed search, forums, sitemaps,
mailers, surveys, polls, and news feed, but what makes them unique and
innovative? In what ways are they being used and what problems do they
solve? Lets see if we can trim down the case study and add a little more
'meat' about TYPO3 and show how the software makes a great solution in
this case. Since it's such a large project, I suggest narrowing it down
to your top challenges and solutions and focus on those.

Hope that helps! Once again, thank you for the case study!! Good luck on
the nomination. :)

Michelle