[TYPO3-UG US] Partner section and TYPO3.us

Gregory Remington greg at mediatech.net
Mon Oct 17 05:43:52 CEST 2005

Michelle Heizer wrote:

> Being worked on as I write. ;) The forum will help us keep things in
> tidy categories. I'm still hoping to find some volunteers to be
> moderators. Anyone?? :)

Since free time is a premium we might consider scheduling moderators
according to availability. Even if it turns out to be a few people.
Spacing moderation evenly will help posters anticipate an answer and
keep the patient ones coming back.

In the beginning a new forum generally require a minimal amount of
moderation. I recommend as few categories as possible and to focus them
on a tailored business/marketing plan. Once you have enough data you can
effectively branch out into subcategories that meets the needs of the
community or client base. That's when the magic happens :)

I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have to moderate considering I
can't even keep up with the mediatech forum. I can help play catch up on
posts and steer traffic to typo3.us. If we manage to grow a large enough
user base we might consider populating new seed forums with specific
business roles to keep things organized and focused.

Speaking of business roles... when can we have a wiki to outline a basic
business plan? It would be interesting experiment to see what a
community can come up with ;)

Best,
Greg