[TYPO3-UG US] A new and proper Quickstart

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3quebec.org
Mon Oct 17 04:52:24 CEST 2005

virgil huston wrote:

>>- what would be a good sample "entity" to showcase? I think it should
>>be American enough to not look "foreign"

I think that one of the best possible example could be the "T3Video
Store Website".

1- Everyone know how it works in real life. It "talks" to everyone
(except Amish maybe).

2- You will get standard sections like: Product, News, Calendar,
Services, About us, Store".

3- Its' better than sport since no potential turn off are involved.

4- Real data or fake one is easy to get/create.

Other things to consider if it's really a quickstart that you want to get:

RPM and Windows packages with optional PHP and MySQL installation
scripts included.

Finally, you should verify if it's gonna replace the official one and if
not what would be a good name, marketing-wise.

Patrick
Video clerk 1990-1992