[TYPO3-UG US] Partner section and TYPO3.us

Michelle Heizer michelle at typo3.us
Sun Oct 16 23:43:14 CEST 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 09:41 +0200, Daniel Hinderink [TYPO3] wrote:
> The Association will never (be able or even wants to)
> replace voluntary work for the project, it is adding to it. We don't
> want to
> risk to demotivate those volunteers by starting a habit of creating
> exclusive benefits, when we don't need to.

Daniel brings up a good point. Volunteering on this project or any other
project for TYPO3 is what makes the community stronger and it's almost a
necessity in an open source project. So let's find ways to reward the
people that don't just give money, but also give their time on the
TYPO3.us project. We could also make the amount of time donated be a
factor in determining partnership levels. I think money and time should
be thought of as the same thing and that way it would be not so
bureaucratic but also build the community.