[TYPO3-UG US] Partner section and TYPO3.us

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at vcd-berlin.de
Sat Oct 15 23:18:40 CEST 2005

Michelle Heizer wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-10-15 at 21:45 +0200, Elmar Hinz wrote:
>

>>Following your discussions I find that you do rather the opposite in the
>>US. You first want to sell the product TYPO3, then you ask what the
>>customer wants from it and you find out in the end that you need easier
>>documentation, easier installation and more customer support. That will
>>give TYPO3 a big push towards public. But the customer can't see into
>>the depth of the product, doesn't ask for clean code, etc.. By this
>>approach you rather will not dig to develop better underlying concepts,
>>to prepare TYPO3 for the future what the TYPO3 association does.
>

> This group was created to market TYPO3 in the US, not to develop TYPO3.
> We leave that to the core group and the Association where it belongs.
> Like I said, this is not a "fork" of the project but a regional
> marketing group. By the way, this is not the only regional marketing
> group. In fact, you will even see a few more starting up this year as
> part of the international marketing plan.

I see the point. It was no answer to your initiative, but to Reuvens
proposal to keep it separate from TYPO3 association.

If I understand you right the money first needs to go to the TYPO3
association and then is disbursed back. That in fact sounds bureaucratic
for me if that happens on international level. On a national level that
could relieve regional groups of accounting. On international level I
fear additional work. Anyway. It looks like much central controll for
me. There I can understand Reuven. :-)

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh, Spain,
Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...