[TYPO3-UG US] Partner section and TYPO3.us

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at vcd-berlin.de
Sat Oct 15 21:45:54 CEST 2005

> In regards to the TYPO3 association, I think this should be separate. We may
> want to donate something back, but I feel it should be run independently.
> From my vantage point the association seems fairly useless. We signed up,
> although I still don't see the benefits for our company.

Hello Reuven and all that follow the thread,

opposite to your company I am (still) not a member of TYPO3 association.

To keep a us marketing section separate from TYPO3 association is an
easy solution that probably will work in some way. Nonetheless I have
the feeling it could be the second best solution.

Dennis expressed his feelings that the association is a little
bureaucratic. As far as I can observe they do what European can do best.
They make deep thoughts about optimal technological concepts, they
invent and develop a perfect and innovative product and they organize
all this in very professional way with this bureaucatic touch. They are
good engineers and love the product. But besides this they are in danger
to forget to sell it, to bring it to the market, to the audiance.

Following your discussions I find that you do rather the opposite in the
US. You first want to sell the product TYPO3, then you ask what the
customer wants from it and you find out in the end that you need easier
documentation, easier installation and more customer support. That will
give TYPO3 a big push towards public. But the customer can't see into
the depth of the product, doesn't ask for clean code, etc.. By this
approach you rather will not dig to develop better underlying concepts,
to prepare TYPO3 for the future what the TYPO3 association does.

I would like to see a TYPO3 association which is strong on both sides on
innovative development and on customer orientated marketing. The TYPO3
association is still young. It is easier to bring in your marketing
orientated thinking in right now. In some years that would be more
difficult. Don't you think if you could act as a part of the "official"
TYPO3 organisation you would have a better positions towards the market.

Regards

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh, Spain,
Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...