[TYPO3-UG US] Support Section and TYPO3.us

Gabriel Anast gabriel at anast.org
Sat Oct 15 19:03:20 CEST 2005

Elmar Hinz wrote:

>The count of active people is small enough on typo3.org. Everyone of the
>community is needed there. To double structures here, would waste resources.
>
>Having native english speakers from us is of double advantage. They can
>improve the documents. They can give support during other hours.

I completely agree with this.. It must be taken into consideration. Not
that the other plans should be abandoned, but that these ideas should be
predicating factors.

>america.typo3.com, us.typo3.com, even ny.typo3.com would make sense in my opinion.

And, I think the above domain names in particular are better options
than typo3.us de uk ca whatever... "my-region.typo3.com" lends a
coherence that is very important to brand identity. I am *not* saying
that there cannot also be a typo3.us, but that typo3.us should be more
of a user group, not a sanctioned part of Typo3...

>Think practical. Think community. Find the right regional level for each task.

props to that.

--gabe