[TYPO3-UG US] Support Section and TYPO3.us

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at vcd-berlin.de
Sat Oct 15 17:50:37 CEST 2005

Hello,

> I agree. I don't think anyone is saying we need a "US copy" of
> TYPO3.org, but maybe a little support help that's based in the US.

The count of active people is small enough on typo3.org. Everyone of the
community is needed there. To double structures here, would waste resources.

Having native english speakers from us is of double advantage. They can
improve the documents. They can give support during other hours.

> Developing a tutorial and package based on a pseudo US business, having
> people to talk to in the same time zone that are working on similar
> projects or having someone who is close enough to take a trip to see a
> potential T3 user are the types of regional support I'm talking about.

Yes, the face to the customer should be as regional as possible, I
think. america.typo3.com, us.typo3.com, even ny.typo3.com would make
sense in my opinion. The grade of regionalization would depend on the
amount of people that work with typo3. Local business saves long ways,
saves money, energy, pollution and time. So please look for the customer
near to you first.

Regional usergroups make a lot of sense, too, for motivation,
cooperations, etc. But you will seldom find technical discussions on
regional lists. It is much more likeley to get answers in the
international ones.

Think practical. Think community. Find the right regional level for each
task.

Regards

Elmar (from Berlin)

--
Climate change 2005: Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh, Spain,
Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...