[TYPO3-UG US] Support Section and TYPO3.us

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 16:55:21 CEST 2005

I like your guys' ideas.

I think it would be nice to have things like a forum / mailing list - any
kind of "instant" support - available separate from the European Typo3,
just for American users, while at the same time keep "official"
documentation and flash tutorials central on typo3.org. Like Gabriel said,
we can just work on perfecting those.

Also, **Flash tutorials** are the key here. I didn't really start using
Typo3 until I saw the one minute TV video, and the developer videos for
the music library extension that Kasper made were incredibly helpful to me.
So maybe we should make one (or a series of) flash videos for a particular
topic, like how to build the website for "Sweet Sugar Muffins Inc." in TV.
So whoever is familiar with TV can do that, while someone who uses a
different method makes a video about how to build the same site using that
method.
Then users can decide which one they like better, answering the question
'Should I use TV to make this site or what?".

We should probably organize it centrally though. While 'as many flash
videos as possible' is nice, we will probably end up with a lot of stuff
overlapping.

Christoph