[TYPO3-UG US] Support Section and TYPO3.us

Gregory Remington greg at mediatech.net
Fri Oct 14 08:41:14 CEST 2005

Michelle Heizer wrote:
> Who feels that we need to offer TYPO3 support, such as tutorials, Flash
> demos, forum, etc. on TYPO3.us?

That's pretty much helping my traffic. Yes, do it :)

> For instance, we could make a "Getting Started"
> package based on a "fake" American business or something else.

Yes and HTML based.

> If people
> are giving up because of support issues, we will not be able to spread
> T3 successfully in the US. I think we could complement some of what is
> being done on TYPO3.org, but put an American "flavor" to it.

But not to American. We like Euros and Yen too ;)

> Another good point brought up by Chris in reference to hosting is that a
> part of the support could be a section for content editors. Many people
> are making their own Flash or written tutorials so if we could merge
> them somehow, it might benefit everyone.

Flash tutorials are key here. A written tutorial with lots of
screenshots is a good compliment to a Flash tutorial.

I created a template install page that has as few words as possible...
mostly screenshots. If someone gets stuck at a step I make another
screenshot with a few more words. This process is repeated until an
idiot can figure it out :)

Cheers,
Greg