[TYPO3-UG US] US Marketing Plan

Gregory Remington greg at mediatech.net
Fri Oct 14 07:46:29 CEST 2005

Michelle Heizer wrote:

> It seems like
> people on this list have a variety of customers/markets they work with
> and I wonder how we can ensure that people who come to the TYPO3 site
> are able to find the right consultancy for the job.

We could begin by profiling the consultancies in this thread. There is
not a large US based consultancy community. Half of us are here :)

> Yes and I think the partnership program idea would work best here. If we
> had partner scoring, we could give members of the association a certain
> amount of points. It would be pretty fair, because the community could
> up their score in other areas. Anyway, this is my late night
> thought... :)

The separation between free community resources and paid services is
achieved through a proper business model. We need one defined in print.
One that insures there are enough freely circulated "quality" resources
(code, templates, extensions, tools, etc.) to create an adequate
competitive commercial edge against closed source solutions.

Best,
Greg