[TYPO3-UG US] Support Section and TYPO3.us

Michelle Heizer michelle at typo3.us
Fri Oct 14 03:04:09 CEST 2005

Hi everyone,

I'd like to thank everyone who has shared their experiences using TYPO3
so far. Please keep them coming! I now want to start a few threads to
reel us in a bit and summarize the comments I've been reading.

A few people have mentioned support issues so I'd like to take this
opportunity to open a discussion about solutions to the problem.

Who feels that we need to offer TYPO3 support, such as tutorials, Flash
demos, forum, etc. on TYPO3.us? While we have TYPO3.org, it might also
be nice to have a US specific support section to avoid any cultural or
language barriers. For instance, we could make a "Getting Started"
package based on a "fake" American business or something else. If people
are giving up because of support issues, we will not be able to spread
T3 successfully in the US. I think we could complement some of what is
being done on TYPO3.org, but put an American "flavor" to it.

Another good point brought up by Chris in reference to hosting is that a
part of the support could be a section for content editors. Many people
are making their own Flash or written tutorials so if we could merge
them somehow, it might benefit everyone.

What do you think?

Michelle