[TYPO3-UG US] US Marketing Plan

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Thu Oct 13 10:35:42 CEST 2005

Michelle Heizer wrote:

> For it to be viable on typo3.com/.org, we'd need the Association to
> support such a venture. I like the idea of commercial support directly
> from the site, but there is so much with TYPO3 that could be supported
> (installation, setup, content editor training, administrator training,
> etc.), it's hard to imagine what we'd need to focus on. Although, if
> we come up with a plan and present it.... ;)

Hello Michele.

the moment the association does that all the companies supporting the
association will leave. please read the bylaws of the association to
understand its sole role: support the product, the market and not the
end users.

i agree upon that typo3.com needs to be reworked in pointing end users
to the support schemes, but this will be only able if the separation
between community (for free) and association members (paid) can be
achieved in a way that is fair for both.

greetings,

olivier