[TYPO3-UG US] US Marketing Plan

Michelle Heizer michelle at typo3.us
Thu Oct 13 10:10:30 CEST 2005

Hi Greg,

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 23:52 -0700, Gregory Remington wrote:

> Then we offer commercial support directly from typo3.com/.org, etc.
> emulate their organizational structure to some degree. We'll need a
> unique business plan and marketing strategy featuring TYPO3 for the list
> of vertical markets we determine are best to approach. Wiki anyone?

For it to be viable on typo3.com/.org, we'd need the Association to
support such a venture. I like the idea of commercial support directly
from the site, but there is so much with TYPO3 that could be supported
(installation, setup, content editor training, administrator training,
etc.), it's hard to imagine what we'd need to focus on. Although, if we
come up with a plan and present it.... ;)

> And they have the tightest budgets sometimes ironically.
>  We should also
> add these to the list and more. tt_products is looking better every day
> too ;)

That leads to ecommerce and TYPO3. Do we have an example of a US-based
website running tt_products? I haven't seen one yet.

Michelle