[TYPO3-UG US] US Marketing Plan

Dennis Shewmaker dshewmaker at promission.net
Thu Oct 13 01:07:01 CEST 2005

Michelle,

> > We also have a vertical market and we actually had to turn down some
> people
> > because there wasn't time to implement before voting season ended.
> >
> > http://www.idahovotersguide.org
> > http://www.oklahomavotersguide.org
>
> This is another good idea for a project. The matrix for political
> candidates makes it very easy for quick comparisons. I had started a
> similar venture awhile back with prepackaged sites for political
> candidates, but ran out of time myself and was only able to get a few
> finished.

The data could be updated by volunteers very quickly as the responses came
in and it actually worked better than the printed version of the voters
guide in Idaho and so they are probably going to just do the web site the
next time around.

> I also noticed that you host the sites as well. Are you working on other
> hosted solutions? I'm surprised that we don't see more application
> service providers since TYPO3 makes such a great system for it.
>
> Michelle

We looked into a few things, but don't have the bandwidth currently to
implement any of them.  Churches, political candidates, sports like rafting
and mountain biking.  We have one mountain bike racing site that absolutely
loves Typo3 and was using PostNuke before.  It is a small site, but they can
update it with race results and updates easily.  She also knew nothing about
html or computers beforehand and after 1 hour of training she could add
content.

--
Dennis