[TYPO3-UG US] Re: Quality Attack ....was from New York

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Tue Oct 11 12:07:52 CEST 2005

Dimitri Tarassenko wrote:
> Olivier,

> True, however, the incentive to do that vs. just keeping your fixes as
> patches for your own use is diminished by the fact that noone does
> backporting of those fixes to previous versions.

As far as i understand, this should be a task done by the association.
this would improve the quality and trust in typo3 so much more.

maybe you should contact michael stucki on this issue. he announced the
"zap" initiave. it would be good start to get all that stuff into the
upcomming release and keep an eye on that backporting thoughs as far as
possible.

in my experience quality management is very unsexy to all developers.
they are more keen on new features and apis and not in maintenance.
(this applies to a lot of open source projects beside typo3).

how could we improve that?

greetings,

olivier

ps: as far as i reckon you are not selfish, since you have taken
initiative already with your mitka.us website. keep pushing.