[TYPO3-UG US] Knowledgebase development

Chris Paige chris at ready-set-go.biz
Sat Nov 19 10:46:23 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm working on developing a Knowledgebase (KB) for the typo3.us site -- targeting newbies in particular. And I need your help!!!

The knowledgebase will be both searchable and browseable. It will offer quick answers -- and also point to more extensive documentation that is available elsewhere.

I'm not initially making the draft KB public. There is *a lot* of ground to cover and I want it to be useful before it debuts to the documentation critics. Long-term, I hope that it will operate in tandem with a TYPO3 101 kind of mailing list that focuses on newbie questions so that new problem/solution pairs will be developed naturally.

Meanwhile, I need help from TYPO3 users of *all* skill levels. I am not a TYPO3 superuser, but I am committed to sharing what I *do* know. I firmly believe that even beginning users can be of great help in identifying questions for the KB. Even in-process (intermediate) learning users can share the basics they have fought (or are fighting) to learn. And of course, advanced users can offer the seasoning that is necessary to build a depth of knowledge in the KB. The great thing about a KB is that we can break off bite-size pieces appropriate for all kinds of individuals to help out with!

Check out this link to learn more about the KB development part of typo3.us...
http://test.typo3.us/support/developers/knowledgebase_development/

As I develop questions for the KB, I will also be asking for specific support with questions I have not been able to answer adequately. My first request for support is around hosting issues. Please check out this page, if you might be willing to help...
http://test.typo3.us/support/developers/knowledgebase_development/hosting_requirements/

Thanks for your help!!!

Chris Paige
typo3.us knowledgebase developer

Ready Set Go!
Business development and project management
solutions for your small business or nonprofit organization

215-840-2858
efax 501-642-0212
chris at ready-set-go.biz
www.ready-set-go.biz