[TYPO3-UG US] questions / concerns about typo3.us

Michelle Heizer michelle at typo3.us
Tue Nov 8 04:29:31 CET 2005

Hi Zach,

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 15:33 -0800, Zach Davis wrote:

> Michelle,
>
> Thanks for this post -- this answers most if not all my questions,
> and
> for me at least, it's helpful to see all this said so succinctly and
> clearly.

I apologize for not communicating this better, so I'm glad you asked!

> And yes, I'll write something up for the forum and put together a
> case
> study or two. I can write up the CUNY site -- Lucas and I should also
> be
> wrapping up a couple more education related sites in the next couple
> months and may be able to get another case study out of those as well.

This would be great! I'll add this to the roadmap tonight.

As a side note, it is very important that we work to build a network of
consultancies, companies, freelancers and other individuals. I know some
of you are interested in a partnership, while others or not. Either way,
I think it's great that we are working together as a team because it
should benefit all of us in the end.

Let me share with you an example that shows how volunteering can lead to
benefits at a basic level. Zach has been working on a wonderful forum
extension and he's donated his time in the TYPO3 community. Although I
had never emailed him before we began this project (lack of time
really), I knew the quality of his work through his other projects. When
customers have come to my company with needs that I felt would be a
better fit for Zach, I have referred them to his company. I have always
spoken highly of the quality of his work to other people, including some
customers.

This is an example of some of the benefits we can have if we work
together as a team. The potential in the US market is very large for all
of our services. We just need to get out, promote and showcase TYPO3 and
our talents.

We do need a business model for the partnership section and I'll add a
rough timeline for this on the roadmap tonight. We should probably start
this project after the holidays.

Michelle