[TYPO3-UG US] questions / concerns about typo3.us

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Mon Nov 7 23:30:03 CET 2005

Zach Davis wrote:
> Jennifer, et al:

> I do have one question / concern -- there may be a lot of folks working
> on this project, potentially, who may not be putting up a case study and
> who may not want to pay $250, $500, $1000, $2000 or whatever to be on a
> list of consultants, especially the freelancers among us (assuming this
> idea is still on the table -- maybe it was shelved and I missed it). How
> is typo3.us going to represent the agencies and freelancers who spend
> time developing the typo3.us template, editing documentation, putting
> together industry specific packages, developing custom extensions, etc?

hello zach.

being listed on typo3.com costs you 100 euro (130$) as a typo3
association individual member. have you joined yet?

people searching for typo3 consultants look in my experience there.

we had this discussion also in europe some years ago. i guess your
problem could be solved, if such spots would be given to developers like
you, if they match certain (clear) criterias.

maybe also making clear, that the listing is paid and does not give any
qualified information about the service offered could help.

one personal note to you:
i know nothing about the way business is done in the usa. i can only
tell that here in europe many things happen from a mixture of
references, marketing and entrepreunal luck. our economy has been bad in
the last years and most of our clients opted for typo3 because of the
price and the speed of the publishing process given to them.
i had a look at your website. it's done with typo3, that's good! but i
do not find anything about the way you will do business with me, your
potential client. will you come to visit me if i need to see a face and
clear some problems not only via mail. people want solutions by people
and not only from software.
i hope you do not get me wrong. i think that you have given a lot to the
typo3 community. but where is you paypal button to receive donations
from all the folks using your plugin here in europe?

hoping that my argument was not too short and you get my idea.

cordial greetings,

olivier