[TYPO3-UG US] Project Content: be the first on your block to adopt a page

Gregory Remington greg at mediatech.net
Sun Nov 6 19:27:16 CET 2005

Jennifer Lynch wrote:
> Are you saying we should link to those or that page instead of write up the
> sites we've done?  Looking at that page, please note that most of the sites
> are not in English, are not organized by market.

Please remove the word "linking"... that was a typo :)Agreed, however
using the European sites does open our eyes to other considerations. At
the moment I'm assessing TYPO3's general market value and these European
ecommerce sites are invaluable to a client project I am currently
getting paid for. We should not totaly ignore the value of the European
market as a presentation tool.

Example: http://timex.de

> We need case studies and
> Solutions landing pages for the markets listed on the architecture Michelle
> made up, we need them all in the same formats (also given on the Roadmap) so
> that customers can easily locate the information they need and increase
> usability for those sections by following the format.

At the moment I am having to use an expanded format for research I need
for my own compnay. Changing formats will be easy... just copy/paste.
Have we exhausted the usefulness of
http://typo3.org/about/sites-made-with-typo3/ to locate new English web
speaking web sites?

> If you were a potential user for TYPO3, which would convince you to go for
> it--an unorganized group of sites with only a few words to summarize what
> was done on that site and the site itself in another language, or a
> well-organized, well-written and uniform format in English?

Organized and well-written of course. The documentation should help be
short and not wordy. My personal preference is to keep the presentation
  geared to be used in a sales pitch for both IT and layman ;)

> All of these solutions and case studies are not e-commerce sites.  For me,
> and I think for all of those who seriously want to see our US site done, the
> main priority is to WRITE CONTENT and get it in.

Sure. I have isolated quite a few ecommerce sites for another project.
After seeing the list I recommend paying close attention to sites
created by WEBFORMAT TYPO3 shop system extension.

http://webformat.com/en/home/index.html
http://www.prleap.com/pr/14121/

Case study:
http://webformat.com/en/portfolio/shirleyit/index.html#275

http://www.beachworld.it
http://www.medesy.it

> There's going to be a lot of orphan pages hungry for content if we just keep
> talking about generalities and what-ifs and what kind of clothes we ought to
> dress them in (design) if they're ever adopted.

Can we begin by publicly displaying only pages with content on them and
keep the rest hidden so we can continue to work on them? The site will
be appear more useful to visitors that contain information... not to
mention Google ;)

> More gruel please, our pages are starving.

I'm still on research and data collection duty. I have requirements for
research and business sales. If it helps motivate anyone here use the
opportunity for this project to brush up on your business objectives and
think how Typo3.us will help you meet them.

For example I'm a lot more focused on helping out with content
pertaining to ecommerce and related extensions because that is how I
make money. Michelle is very focused on Education, etc.

The end result of this project will most likely reassemble the needs of
its authors ;)

Greg