[TYPO3-UG US] New Design for TYPO3.us

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Sat Nov 5 23:07:35 CET 2005

Elmar Hinz wrote:

>>TYPO3. It's not meant to be a demo site or a portfolio piece. We need to
>>"look" in the same league with other high-end CMS websites because TYPO3
>>is *technically* at the same level as any of them. So let's leave the
>>flashy look to our reference section.
>>

> complements what this site should be -- an information portal about
>

>Technically it is not on the same level. Which so called high-end CMS
>offers features like templa voila with this fexibility for professial
>design? It's rather the hyper-high-end league, with currently one player
>in it. Why not to show this?

You know that, and we all know that. However, the average decision-maker
is going to be comparing TYPO3 with those other CMSes, and is going to
want the site to have the same look and feel as those other CMSes'
websites. We don't want to make the decision-makers have to search for
information or they will not get past the first page. Currently, the
impression is that TYPO3 is not even on the radar (take cmswatch, for
example). Having an unconventional design doesn't show that TYPO3 is
better. Having a design that fits with decision-maker's expectations of
what a CMS vendor's design should look like will at least put T3 on
their desk as a competitor. Then, the case studies, feature lists and
example designs will be what shows them we're 10x better than other
alternatives. After we keep them on the site.

Right now, we can't afford to be thought of as different. Once we build
a reputation as being in the same league, we can show off our differences.

Alex