[TYPO3-UG US] New Design for TYPO3.us

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at vcd-berlin.de
Sat Nov 5 23:41:52 CET 2005

Michelle Heizer wrote:
> I am going to have to disagree here. Yes, we want to showcase what TYPO3
> can do, but if we add every bell and whistle, we will just look
> unprofessional. You should build a website for your audience based on
> well-written content and good navigation, not with the intent to

Yes!!!

> showcase a piece of software. We will make TYPO3 look good through
> strong references, well-written content and comprehensive case studies.
> That will impress more people than if we had hundreds of extensions
> installed and an unconventional design. You need a design that

Not hundreds of extensions. And rather a better design then 3 densely
piled vertical stacks of boxes.

> complements what this site should be -- an information portal about
> TYPO3. It's not meant to be a demo site or a portfolio piece. We need to
> "look" in the same league with other high-end CMS websites because TYPO3
> is *technically* at the same level as any of them. So let's leave the
> flashy look to our reference section.

Technically it is not on the same level. Which so called high-end CMS
offers features like templa voila with this fexibility for professial
design? It's rather the hyper-high-end league, with currently one player
in it. Why not to show this?

> Michelle

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh, Spain,
Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...