[TYPO3-UG US] This is just about perfect...

Jennifer Lynch jennifer at tekdevelopment.com
Fri Nov 4 03:40:09 CET 2005

Call me a pragmatist, or Ishmael, but I really think that the simpler we
make this process the better.  If we build the thing, "they will come".  The
point is to build it.  We can categorize the attendees and see where they're
coming from (CIO offices, lowly cubicles in the content management
department, or free lance consultants surfing the web in their pajamas), but
theorizing about our audiences or boxes vs. manual covers won't mean much if
there's no site for them to come to.

What we actually need is for volunteers to opt for their box on the Roadmap
and write the content up.  Michelle will post those boxes that are taken and
it will be easy to see what needs to be done.  When you choose a box, pick
those higher up in the outline before you pick the sub-categories.  That
way, the pages that need doing first, get done first.

Taking the time to do "assessments of progress" would take more time than
writing the content.  You can check in at the Roadmap and find out what
progress has been made.

May isn't really that far away--the holidays will eat up most people's time.
Get a few pages in before the holidays, pick up a few after you've recovered
from the Christmas eggnog.

So is there anyone out there interested in actually writing something other
than e-mail???

Jennifer