[TYPO3-UG US] TYPO3 US: audience

Vincent typo3 at crel.us
Thu Nov 3 21:38:03 CET 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 09:43:26AM -0800, Gregory Remington wrote:
> Marc Infield wrote:
>
>  > TYPO3 needs to be presented as an easy to use system that is flexible
>  > and extendable
>
> We can "dumb down" TYPO3 and slowly unfold it towards full capacity as
> the needs of the client increases. That's a good selling tool too.
>
> There is a way to configure a lite version of TYPO3 using an extension
> to disable most options to give newbies faster access to basic features.
>
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tm_contentaccess/Screenshots-22/
> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/list/tm_contentaccess/
>
>  > . . . Regarding typo3... its management interface is too hard . . .
>
> Depends how you present it ;)

Hi.

I'm a newbie in the US that is still learning typoe3.  Currently still
going through the FTB tutorial.  I find the BE pretty intuitive as
I learn more about it.  However, this screen shot of the
tm_contentaccess extension does bring up one area for improvement in the
default BE IMHO.  It would be nice if all the control icons (for edit
record, copy record, etc) were slightly larger with a little more space
between them by default.  Or, at least had an extension to do it without
dumbing down the interface or making any other changes.

I run at 1280x1024 resolution on a 17 inch monitor and the icons are
smaller than my mouse pointer and so close together that it is easy to
accidently move my pointer slightly and click on the wrong one.  Not
only that, I can imagine that somebody without as sharp of vision as
I have with my contacts in or my glasses on would have difficulty
distinguishing them.

I think these kinds of resolutions are pretty common nowadays.  Even my
laptop, which I bought at least a couple years ago, is 1400x1050.