[TYPO3-UG US] TYPO3 US: audience

Gregory Remington greg at mediatech.net
Thu Nov 3 18:43:26 CET 2005

Marc Infield wrote:

 > TYPO3 needs to be presented as an easy to use system that is flexible
 > and extendable

We can "dumb down" TYPO3 and slowly unfold it towards full capacity as
the needs of the client increases. That's a good selling tool too.

There is a way to configure a lite version of TYPO3 using an extension
to disable most options to give newbies faster access to basic features.

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tm_contentaccess/Screenshots-22/
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/list/tm_contentaccess/

 > . . . Regarding typo3... its management interface is too hard . . .

Depends how you present it ;)

 > If this is a site that is trying to increase awareness and  adaptation
 > of TYPO3 in the US then it needs to first show off ease of  use
 > to the beginner/novice content editor, without that I think we are
 > going to miss out on a lot of potential.

Should we consider including tm_contentaccess in the new Quickstart? Do
we have a list of what will be in the new Quickstart? The "quicker" it
is to get up and running with the new quick start the better our market
penetration should be.

Best,
Greg