[TYPO3-UG US] This is just about perfect...

Jennifer Lynch jennifer at tekdevelopment.com
Thu Nov 3 05:11:44 CET 2005

It seems to me that we're designing the stage set before the play's been
written.  Form should follow function, not precede it. We can spend a lot of
time debating boxes and furbelows till the cows come home, but in the
meantime, our deadlines languish and we're still holding the hat out for
content to come in.  The worth of the site will not rest on whether we've
got a box or not, it'll be found in the quality of the content, the ease of
navigation, and the soundness of our support documents.

We have a solid architecture to build on; we could, if enough people
participate, get this content filled in (choose your box on the concept map,
amigos!) and have a fighting chance to put up an exemplary TYPO3 site by
next May and begin reaping the rewards of our focused effort.  It's pretty
exciting to see a large project coming together, but from experience, I'm
telling you that it doesn't happen without getting the content nailed.

You all have your areas of expertise and interest, scroll down that Roadmap
till you find the section/page that matches that, and throw your content
into the hat.  Then, when we've got it all in, we can head for the bar,
drink to our perseverance, and get down to determining just how many angels
can dance on the head of a pin or on a TYPO3 box, for that matter.  : )

Jennifer