[TYPO3-UG US] This is just about perfect...

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Thu Nov 3 03:03:49 CET 2005

On 11/2/05, Gregory Remington <greg at mediatech.net> wrote:

> Yes a nice box or manual cover mailed overnight to a prospective client
> is a nice touch. Maybe we should create some brochures and slick
> business cards too :)

My vote is NO on boxes, YES on manual covers.

Seriously speaking, I can't recall the last time I've seen _boxed_
software. Most of the stuff we buy we get as downloads or it just
comes in cheap-o Tyvek sleeves like those Microsoft Action Pack / MSDN
/ Partner packages. RedHat uses something like a paper "pouch"
containing all 6 CD's, and it's just metallic red with a logo on it,
very simple. The last actual _box_ on my shelf is Flash MX.

As far as the manual covers design is concerned, aren't the manual
covers supposed to be a part of the identity package that is being
developed by the global marketing team?

--
Dimitri Tarassenko