[TYPO3-UG US] This is just about perfect...

Gregory Remington greg at mediatech.net
Thu Nov 3 02:15:49 CET 2005

Vincent wrote:

> When I am researching a piece of software, what has the most affect on
> me visually is plenty of screen shots of the software in action.

Absolutely but boxes, logos, etc. are still fun.

Screen shots are one of the best ways to make a great "presentation" and
are faster to create than writing easy to understand sentences.

When I create documentation I try to minimize each step to a screen shot
with as few sentences as possible. If I have to use more than a few
coupel paragraphs per instruction set then that's a good indicator I
need another screen shot.

> Pictures of boxes, etc, if they do not really exist, to me, cast an
> impression of hype and BS coming from salesmen and suit monkeys that
> have their ties too tight cutting off the circulation to their brains.

Hey wait... I'm a salesman by trade 0:)

> IMO, from a marketing standpoint, plenty of screen shots and obvious
> links to complete straight forward feature lists is the most effective
> and the most useful.

Yes a nice box or manual cover mailed overnight to a prospective client
is a nice touch. Maybe we should create some brochures and slick
business cards too :)

Greg