[TYPO3-UG US] This is just about perfect...

Gabriel Anast gabriel at anast.org
Tue Nov 1 23:58:13 CET 2005

I know these guys have funding, but they did one hell of a good job:

Press Release on News Forge by 'anonymous' (poorly written I might add):

http://www.newsforge.com/newsvac/05/11/01/1452238.shtml

Website (simple, colorful, their logo looks like something natural...
not like a bullet (!?), and that list of topics in the navigation links
is about as good as it gets):

http://www.alfresco.org/

Now I am not saying that they are a competitive offering, just that they
have marketing down... if none of us ever makes it farther than their
first page, I don't think it will matter, but that first page, and that
press release... that is what we NEED to do for TYPO3.

Look down the page in the green NEWS box... these guys are the press
release masters... Press Releases (and b2b conferences) are how middle
managers and PHB's find out about... well, anything. They do not browse
Source Forge,  Fresh Meat, or Slashdot... and they do not care about
anything they cannot get a brochure or multi-page color ad about in the
mail. AND... these guys control millions of dollars. Millions. I know. I
WAS one for a couple years (what a nightmare!). I didn't control
millions, but I did make the decision to buy a new accounting package
($40,000 + $3500/year) for a $10M company that I worked for.

By the way, it looks to me that they ripped off the TYPO3 colors...
what's up with that? Not only that, but they did a very nice job with
them...

--gabe

--
I was made for lovin' you... --R'n'R Worship Circus