[TYPO3-UG US] Still no End-User manual in english

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 17:41:09 CET 2005

Hi Dimitri et al,

On 12/20/05, Dimitri Tarassenko <mitka at mitka.us> wrote:
> Dom,
>
> On 12/20/05, Dom Stockdale <dom at magic-lamp.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I think the world is better off without a version of that in English and
> > it grows increasing out of date. I've worked with a crew who had someone
> > spend 3 weeks on producing some really fantastic documentation, pithy
> > and readable. Trouble with commercial crews like that is they aren't
> > very into sharing, I didn't even get a copy myself and my suggestion of
> > sharing it just got me strange looks of disbelief.
>
> What's so strange about it?
>
> By the way, can you get me in touch with them - cause we are right now
> considering either putting our technical writer on this task or buying
> the stuff from someone.

I've got about 12-16 pages of 'how to' stuff, quickly put together a
month or two ago, that I have permission to contribute. I'll have to
edit out some custom features, it assumes the use of the TV Page
module, and I don't claim it's polished, but it may form a good
starting point--if the approach we took to BE training suits the team.

I can perhaps strip out the custom stuff and give it  a once over this
evening if you're interested?

-Christopher