[TYPO3-UG US] Status of TYPO3.us

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3quebec.org
Sat Dec 17 15:23:03 CET 2005

Dom Stockdale wrote:

> When you show people how to do templavoila they're very quickly
> satisfied with the results and it's a great motivator, especially for
> the windows users - worshippers of the gui. Then since it's more fun
> they learn more. It is sort of like they're learning backwards as you of
> have to show them about TypoScript later on but strangely they get it
> more readily than if they'd done it first of all probably because they
> want to understand what's going on behind things.
>
> Anyway I was going to try and be diplomatic but I've just rambled, I'm
> the wrong side of the Atlantic anyway, so my vote goes for Templavoila,
> CSS Styled Content (and probably CSS Styled Image Text) and forget the
> old school.

Bonjour Dominic !

(at least I'm on the right side of the pound...)

I fully agree with your statement: People should be satified and see
results, then they will be willing to continue and learn even more.

I can remember my first TYPO3 experience (Quickstart Windows package in
March 2003) and that was my experience at that time. An easy way to try
and see result then play with contant editor and discover even more with
the MTB1...

So TV+CSS= +1

Patrick
Québec City  ; )