[TYPO3-UG India] Few Questions about Typo3

Rajesh Tiwari mail.rajeshtiwari at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 06:44:33 CEST 2006

Hi All,

This is a wrong statement.
   I can bet whtever you do using typo3 it will be done in much lesser time.
  I agree that for a beginer is a dificulty to learn but once u understand
one functionality u can do it in much lesser time.
  Though i developed one site using typo3 but tht was a  nice experience if
u want to see go to
  http://www.nxtsound.com
 here i have made three of my own extensions and beleive me it takes only
two months to complete the whole site and when i had started tht i was a
begineer to typo3. I had exp in php and mysql but not of typo3.
'
 After completing the project its clear to me that its quite easy and time
saving.

 I just sugest you guys to see it properly before comming to any
conclussion.

 Please find my comments below ur points:

On 7/19/06, Chiefee19 <chiefee19 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Prashant
>
> I would NOT use typo3 again:
>
> 1. Its cumbersome

    Its easy to create a site with basic functionalities in just 30 min.

2. far more complex than necessary

   Its true that if u install any extension it will give you many other
functionalities but if you know php and mysql u can change the extensions
according to ur needs.

3. lots of documentation and tips are in German only

   This is a point i agree but I didn't faced any problem english language
docs are also many in numbers

4. narrow field of experts

  I didn't get

5. prone to break down
Ya its true that if you do not know the whole things u can 't be perfect in
manipulating any changes in that.

8. very difficult to learn for new users
  Its quite easy as it provides good tutorials for new users.

9. expensive to maintain and host compared with competition
Wht is expensive i don't understand. Everything is open sourse ya the typo3
developers are expensive but also not that much:)

tten behind Drupal and I bet you and your (client?) will
appreciate the larger community.

No comments as my client and company were totally satisfied with my work and
i got a good promotion and appraisal in my company.

 slow sunset into obscurity.

Its has a nice future for the php related websites and CMS.

All These are my personnel comments and these are correct also so if you
don't know how to utilize 100% in minimum time its ur fault not typo3.

Thanks
With Regards
Rajesh

> I am evaluating the best possible Enterprise Content Management System -
ECMS for my organzation and zeroed in on typo3 which has fantastic features.

> Before i start the enterprise-wide implmentation of typo3 i have few
questions. They are :

> 1) Is it possible for us to import various document formats like MS Word
and PDF into typo3 which are of nature like product manuals which have
interlinking content within the document and to the other documents in the
same folder ?

> 2) As we are a product company, we have extensive designs designed in
AutoCad, Cadstart which need to be reviewed. Is it possible for us to import
them into typo3 ?

> 3) We have a centralized authentification server Redhat Directory Server
which gives authorization credentials to all employees. Is it possible to
use the above RHDS as a auth server for typo3 ?

> 4) Also we would be using this as an extensive ECMS to be used only in
intranets ie, some content like product manuals may be published to
customers. but most of the content editing / review / etc will be for
in-house use. Does  typo3 support editing like in-line / online editing like
wiki based on the logged in user credentials ?