[TYPO3-UG Australia] TYPO3 Oz community portal

Christian Lerrahn (Cerebrum) christian.lerrahn at cerebrum.com.au
Thu Jun 12 03:37:48 CEST 2008

Hi TYPO3 community,
as I already mentioned in the report of the Melbourne meeting, I've
been thinking about a TYPO3 community portal for Australia. The best
would certainly be if Matt Kennewell was willing to contribute
typo3.org.au and typo3.com.au for these.

Such a portal could for one just explain the strengths of TYPO3
tailored towards the needs we have seen in Australian companies. One
point that comes to mind for me in that, is that TYPO3 can be hosted
anywhere which is interesting for companies who insist on Australian
hosting.

We could also link to different projects that have been implemented in
TYPO3 and last but not least those of us who work with TYPO3
professionally could be listed there as a central point for people to
find someone do set up there TYPO3 sites. Given that we're only very
few and spread over the whole country, this should be to everybody's
benefit and even if there is some competition sometimes, some
competition is healthy, right? After all, we could all gain profile in
comparison to other, better-known (in Oz) CMSs.

Beyond that we could also have a community effort in the form of
contributed howtos, extensions, etc.. Some of us might want to hire
people sometime which means that you need people out there who know
TYPO3. So, get them to learn about it. What I am thinking of is also
video howtos for total newbies.

I reckon, this are my two cents worth for now. Over to you...

Cheers,
Christian