[TYPO3-UG Australia] frustration

Christian Lerrahn (Cerebrum) christian.lerrahn at cerebrum.com.au
Fri Jul 6 13:57:45 CEST 2007

Hi David,
>   temp. newsbox {
> 	code >
> 	code = LATEST
> 	pid_list >
>    	pid_list = 217 # the pid of the page with some associated
> news items
>
>    	catImageMode = 0
>    	catTextMode = 0
> }

Maybe I'm just too stupid but I don't get what you're doing here,
anyway. Are you trying to insert a tt_news PLUGIN or tt_news ITEMS? If
the latter applies you would probably have to refer to the news id but
I've never done that so I'm not sure what the TS would look like. f you
want to put in a tt_news plugin, you should use something like

temp.newsBox = RECORDS
temp.newsBox {
  tables = tt_content
  source = 123
}

where 123 is the id of the news plugin that you have configured for
this task (can be anywhere, e.g. in a sysfolder). I assume that you
have a line
temp.newsBox < plugin.tt_news
or something but I usually avoid these because it makes it harder to
properly configure the plugin from my point of view.

Cheers,
Christian