[Typo3-UG Australia] MSSQL

Bo Daley bo at darkwork.net
Wed Sep 1 15:58:45 CEST 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Luke Schepen wrote:

> Does Typo3 work with MSSQL rather than MYSQL
>
> Its driving me crazy! I cant connect to the database!

Current versions of typo3 require mysql, but soon there oughtta be a
working database abstraction layer that will allow you to run the
core system from other backends (see the dbal class to see where this is
headed).

Of course there's nothing stopping you from connecting to another
datasource inside your own extensions if there's something in a MSSQL
database that you really need to access..

bo.