[TYPO3-translators] Export content to XLIFF

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Apr 2 13:07:47 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 01/04/2015 17:07, Manuel Souto Pico wrote:
> A friend has set up a website using TYPO3. It will be a multilingual
> website, and she asked to help with the translation.
> I assumed TYPO3 being a CMS there will be some way to export the source
> content as XLIFF and then to import the translated XLIFF to get the
> contents in the other language.
>
> I found some documentation about XLIFF but it seems about translating
> TYPO3 itself, not site contents.

This list is meant for translators of the labels inside TYPO3 itself and
in extensions, but I can imagine that the list name suggests otherwise :-)

To answer your question: there is an extension l10nmgr that helps manage
translating content with external translators [1].
There seems to be a version for the current version of TYPO3 (6.2), but
I must admit that I haven't used this extension in years.

In case you find issues, the bug tracker can be found at [2]

[1] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/l10nmgr
[2] https://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-l10nmgr/issues

--
Jigal van Hemert