[TYPO3-translators] versions, labels

Tomasz Krawczyk tomkrawc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 16:44:02 CET 2013

W dniu 2013-11-25 07:38, Xavier Perseguers pisze:
> Hi,
>
>> I think labels like
>> "http://translation.typo3.org/pl/TYPO3.TYPO3.ext.album3x/" are done by
>> some script. There is much more that labels than those shorter ones. I
>> think unification would make list look much clearer. Would it make lots
>> of work with such change?
>
> I don't understand, the link you provide is not a "label" but the path
> to a project, just as
>
> http://translation.typo3.org/pl/TYPO3.TYPO3.ext.powermail/
>
> is for extension Powermail.
>
> On http://translation.typo3.org/ you see under heading "TYPO3 Public
> Extensions" shorter names for a few projects:
>
> - "Powermail"
> - "Multishop"
> - "News system"
> - ...
>
> instead of their fully qualified name:
>
> - TYPO3.TYPO3.ext.powermail
> - TYPO3.TYPO3.ext.multishop
> - TYPO3.TYPO3.ext.news
>
> "TYPO3.TYPO3.ext.powermail" is the fully qualified name of the
> extension, which has been agreed with Flow and other admins.
>
> This full qualified name is:
>
> 1) The internal name (= reference) for Pootle, we cannot change it just
> as we cannot change a uid and this is what we see in the URL of a project
>
> 2) The key pattern for the packaging scripts to know what to do with it,
> how to package, ... (should we package as localization package for TYPO3
> CMS, or is it something else, ...).
>
> So if your proposal is to remove TYPO3.TYPO3.ext from the URL, the
> answer is simple, it's just NOT possible.
>
> If you think of something else, then I did not get it.
>
> Regards
> Xavier

My mistake. My first sentence should be: "I think labels like
TYPO3.TYPO3.ext.album3x are done by
some script....

So, I suggest to change extension names to fully qualified names. Much
more extensions use fully qualified names on the "TYPO3 Public
Extension" list.

When you click on the particular language in the first column on the TS
main page. Then core projects are on the same list as public extensions.
So, we have on the list:

public extensions - using extension name
core projects - using fully qualified names
public extensions - using fully qualified names

So, I suggest to make

core projects - using fully qualified names
public extensions - using fully qualified names

Is it possible?

regards
Tomek