[TYPO3-translators] versions, labels

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Mon Nov 25 07:38:26 CET 2013

Hi,

> I think labels like
> "http://translation.typo3.org/pl/TYPO3.TYPO3.ext.album3x/" are done by
> some script. There is much more that labels than those shorter ones. I
> think unification would make list look much clearer. Would it make lots
> of work with such change?

I don't understand, the link you provide is not a "label" but the path
to a project, just as

http://translation.typo3.org/pl/TYPO3.TYPO3.ext.powermail/

is for extension Powermail.

On http://translation.typo3.org/ you see under heading "TYPO3 Public
Extensions" shorter names for a few projects:

- "Powermail"
- "Multishop"
- "News system"
- ...

instead of their fully qualified name:

- TYPO3.TYPO3.ext.powermail
- TYPO3.TYPO3.ext.multishop
- TYPO3.TYPO3.ext.news

"TYPO3.TYPO3.ext.powermail" is the fully qualified name of the
extension, which has been agreed with Flow and other admins.

This full qualified name is:

1) The internal name (= reference) for Pootle, we cannot change it just
as we cannot change a uid and this is what we see in the URL of a project

2) The key pattern for the packaging scripts to know what to do with it,
how to package, ... (should we package as localization package for TYPO3
CMS, or is it something else, ...).

So if your proposal is to remove TYPO3.TYPO3.ext from the URL, the
answer is simple, it's just NOT possible.

If you think of something else, then I did not get it.

Regards
Xavier

--
Xavier Perseguers