[TYPO3-translators] versions, labels

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Sun Nov 24 12:56:17 CET 2013

Hi,

> I would like to suggest chose one way of labelling extensions in the TS.
> On the Polish translations http://translation.typo3.org/pl/ we have two
> kinds of labels:
>
> "Powermail" witch links to
> "http://translation.typo3.org/pl/TYPO3.TYPO3.ext.powermail/"
>
> and
>
> "TYPO3.TYPO3.ext.album3x" witch links to
> "http://translation.typo3.org/pl/TYPO3.TYPO3.ext.album3x/"
>
> Is it possible to chose one way of labelling and change labels using
> second way?

The idea was once to change the project name to the actual extension
name but it has been done only for a few projects (e.g., "Powermail")

> On the last Camp I was talking with my colleagues about TS. We actually
> don't know how different extensions are handled in the TS. If my
> extension in version 1.0 has some labels and those labels do not exist
> in the 1.1 version. What happens on the TS? Should I leave empty old
> labels?

There is nothing "new" with Pootle, different versions are NOT handled
by the translation server, if you want to keep backward compatibility,
you must do as for TYPO3 CMS: never remove a label which was previously
introduced.

Regards
Xavier

--