[TYPO3-translators] Translation of FLOW3 packages in Pootle

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Thu Sep 27 09:18:07 CEST 2012

Hi.

After having had a number of emails going back and forth I am still
unable to understand how this (should) work.

So, here is a list of questions, in the hope that your combined
knowlegde provides some answers:

1. How do I get XLIFF files into Pootle at all?
2. How do I get a FLOW3 package into the translation server?
3. How do I administer things in the translation server, assuming I am
"package owner"?
4. What is the (intended) way of getting translation improvements back?

I hope that this is (mostly) automated by now or can be automated.
Anything specific to FLOW3 packages I can help with?

It's a little emberassing that FLOW3 brought XLIFF into the game and we
are still not able to use the official toolchain… And from the newsgroup
it seems that even for TYPO3 CMS extensions it's manual process to have
them installed in the translation server?!

Regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns
TYPO3 Core Developer, FLOW3 / Phoenix Team

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org